They call it the 'Promesa Project'. Two-thirds of Texas' rapid population growth over the past decade has come from Latinos. That emerging demographic will eventually turn Texas Blue. But for the schools and families struggling under disastrous Republican policies, “eventually” isn’t soon enough.
This why the Texas Democratic Party has developed this bold and innovative 2.0 approach to Latino voter outreach, the 'Promesa Project'.
Our project was carefully conceived and constructed based on two key research findings:
- Young Latinos are increasingly the trusted sources of political information in their families and social circles.
- The internet has surpassed television as the main sources of political information for young people under 30.
Next they will employ use of online outreach, campus organizing, our extensive network of young Latino Party Leaders and elected officials, and integrate all the data gathered into the Democratic Party voter database so it can be used in Get-Out-The-Vote operations.
Last but not least, they will integrate the very latest in web tools and techniques, including:
- In-house production of web videos, which are shareable and optimized for mobile devices.
- Talking points on various topics in a slideshow format, which are shareable online so they can be used in discussions at the kitchen table or on social media sites.
- Social media identities on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Google+ and Vimeo.
- Paid ads on social media which only recently have developed targeting and placement options that now make these incredibly efficient and effective.