Warning the pictures at the bottom of this post may cause you to cry.
I think every American also needs to see what this gang of monsters has done to the people of Iraq. Let me remind you President Bush and Dick Cheney said Saddam was an imminent threat to America and that he would give his weapons of mass destruction to Bin Laden. The truth 10 years later is:
- There were no weapons of mass destruction. Hans Blix and the UN inspectors had destroyed Saddam's poison gas bombs years ago. And there was never ever any nuclear weapons.
- Saddam hated Al Qaeda even more than we did.
- Al Qaeda in Iraq's only connection to Bin Laden is they both hated America. One is a terror group, the other just a bunch of people trying to kick out foreign invaders.
- [Secular] Iraq under Saddam while not perfect but was far better than the current sectarian theocracy we helped put in place.
- Despite wasting hundreds of billions in US taxpayer money, Iraq remains a largely broken and highly polluted country. Cancer and birth defects rates have soared from rare to 1 out 5 babies are born deformed in some areas.
Article 35 of Protocol I, a 1977 amendment of the Geneva Conventions, prohibits any means or methods of warfare that cause superfluous injuries or unnecessary suffering. Article 35 also prohibits those nations from resorting to means of war that could inflict extensive and long-term damage on human health and the environment.
The impacts of Depleted Uranium in Iraq suggest that these weapons fall under Article 35 as being prohibited, by the very nature of their suspected long-lasting effects on human health and the environment.
These pictures speak for themselves about the long term damage.